Red potato salad that is easy and will be a hit! Made with dijon mustard, fresh lemon juice, bacon and scallions that make this recipe so delicious.
Now this is potato salad! This came out so well that I could gobble this up non stop. It’s lighter and will be a great addition to a picnic or really any meal you set out.
I have been really trying to get back into posting recipes. With the kids home during the summer, a few big family trips, and then the beginning of the school year, I was just so distracted. But I’m back!! I want to share so many scrumptious food ideas that my mind is bursting at the seams with recipes I want to share for this coming fall and the winter months.
This red potato salad is something that isn’t limited to the warmer months and can be made whenever! I always feel like I only have potato salad or pasta salads in the summer months. Why is that? I am going to make it a point this winter to break the rules and have it when its 20 degrees outside!
The lemon juice in this recipe, I feel, makes a difference. It is just the right amount of citrus to give you that little tartness. You can also make a half batch if you don’t need such a large quantity. I hope you all enjoy this as much as my family and I did. Hint: it tastes even better the next day!
- 3 pounds small red potatoes, washed and cut into bite size pieces
- 1 cup green pepper, diced small
- ½ red onion, diced small
- 1 large garlic clove, minced or pressed through a garlic press
- 1 Tbsp dijon mustard
- 2 Tbsp red wine vinegar
- 1 Tbsp Mayonnaise
- Juice of half a lemon
- 1 Tbsp olive oil
- ¼ cup scallions, diced
- 4 slices cooked bacon, crumbled- optional
- Salt and Pepper to taste
- Boil chopped potatoes for 10 until you can pierce them with a fork. Don't over cook.
- While potatoes boil add green pepper, red onion, garlic, dijon, vinegar, mayonnaise, olive oil and lemon juice in a large bowl and set aside.
- After potatoes are finished drain and run under cold water. Drain well and add to the bowl.
- Toss potatoes with dijon mixture add salt and pepper to taste
- Top with bacon and scallions