As I sit here and prepare what to write and tell you about these amazing oven roasted rosemary potatoes, I can’t help but want to grab a big plate of them and dig in. These potatoes are truly so full of flavor and have just the right texture. My kids love these as well. They like to dip them in ketchup as if they’re french fries. Kids and their ketchup! I have no desire to change the flavor by adding any condiments to my helping of these already perfect oven roasted rosemary potatoes.
The best thing about this recipe is substitutions can be made, and they still taste great. Sometimes I don’t have shredded parmesan; instead I’ll only have grated. Other times I replace the rosemary with thyme. You really can’t go wrong with these as a side for most meals.
This potato recipe is delicious all year round. We make them while we grill up some chicken or steaks during the summer, or in the cold months, I love to make my oven lemon and herb chicken along side these bad boys. I sometimes will make extras so I can save them for a weekend breakfast alongside eggs and bacon. Can’t go wrong with that on a lazy Saturday/Sunday morning. I hope you enjoy them as much as my family does. Until next time!
- 3 lbs red potatoes, washed and cut into small pieces
- 4 cloves of garlic, pressed or minced
- ¼ cup of olive oil
- ¼ tsp pepper
- ½ tsp salt
- ½ cup of shredded parmesan cheese
- 2 Tbsp fresh rosemary, chopped
- Preheat oven to 400
- In large bowl add all ingredient and mix until potatoes are covered
- Line a baking sheet with nonstick aluminum foil
- Spread potatoes out on baking sheet
- Place in oven and cook for 45 minutes mixing about halfway through the time
- They should be a golden color and tender when pierced with a fork
- Ovens vary and the size of potatoes vary so keep an eye on them