There is nothing like a big steaming bowl of beef stew. Something is so comforting about it on a cold winter day. Serve it up with some yummy homemade rolls, and it is sure to hit the spot for everyone in the family.
We are preparing to leave on a cruise in a few days, and I wanted to make simple dinners this week. Nothing says simple more than a crockpot soup. I love my crockpot(s): my husband thinks it’s funny that I have more than one. But I use every single one. I seriously couldn’t live without having one, or two, in my life. They make meals so much simpler. And about 98% of the time, I love everything that comes out of it.
Back to talking about this amazing stew. It is perfect; the beef is so tender, and the flavors are on point. I really think the red wine and parmesan cheese garnish take this stew to a whole other level. I’ve made it without adding the red wine, and it still tasted great, but add it and boom it’s to die for.
Try this delicious stew and share your thoughts with me! Enjoy!
- 2 Pounds beef for stew, cut into pieces
- 1 cup yellow onion, chopped
- 5 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 cup of celery, sliced
- 2 cups baby carrots, cut in half
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 tsp ground black pepper
- 48 oz beef broth
- 1 cup red wine (such as a merlot, cabernet or shiraz)
- 1- 6oz can tomato paste
- 5 small red potatoes, cut into bite size pieces
- 3 Tbsp worcestershire sauce
- 1 tsp oregano
- 1 tsp thyme
- 1 cup frozen peas
- 1 cup frozen corn
- ¼ cup flour
- ¼ cup water
- Grated parmesan for garnish (optional)
- Add all ingredients (except flour and water) into crockpot and stir to combine
- Cook on high for 8 hours or low for 6
- After cooking time mix together flour and water and add to crockpot
- Cover and cook an additional 30 minutes
- Serve and Enjoy!