This is by far the simplest recipe you could ever make and has amazing flavor! As one of my husband’s favorite meals, I don’t mind making it whenever he asks me to because it is so easy. The moist chicken, delicious tomatoes, and the hint of spice from the chiles contrasts perfectly with the sharp cheddar cheese.
I always try to have the ingredients for this meal on hand because sometimes life gets away with you, and you need to make a quick meal with no hassle: This is definitely one of those meals.
- 4 Boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 2 cans of Rotel tomatoes with chiles ( I use the mild but you can us hot for a bit more spice)
- 2 cups shredded sharp cheddar
- Preheat oven to 350
- Put chicken in a 13x9 baking dish
- Drain as much liquid from the Rotel and even distribute over chicken breasts (its best to not dump it over chicken because you want as much of the Rotel to be on top, so use your hand)
- Cover with aluminum foil and place in the oven for 25-30 minutes
- Remove from oven and add cheddar cheese
- Return to oven uncovered and let cheese melt, usually just a few minutes
- Remove, serve and enjoy