One of the greatest things about this salad is that it can be enjoyed any time of the year. But the best time is when tomatoes are fresh and ripe! And that is, for me at least, when it finally warms up over here in the Midwest.
As the weather warms up, I love to make quick salads that are fresh and delicious. There is nothing easier than a caprese salad. Seriously, all you need are some ripe tomatoes, fresh mozzarella and balsamic vinegar, which is optional. You can have this on the table so fast that it will be your go to side dish, salad, or appetizer.
I like to drizzle this with some balsamic honey mixture I whisk together. You could simply drizzle straight balsamic on top too, which would cut down on time! I hope this inspires you to make this tasty, quick dish. Enjoy!
- 10 thick slices of tomatoes
- 10 thick slices of fresh mozzarella
- Fresh chopped basil
- 1 tsp honey and 2 Tbsp balsamic vinegar whisked together, optional
- fresh ground black pepper to taste
- Alternate slices of tomatoes and mozzarella
- Sprinkle with chopped basil
- Drizzle with honey balsamic glaze, optional
- Add fresh ground black pepper, optional
- Serve and Enjoy