With my families love for anything curry, I wanted to make an extremely easy slow cooker curry soup that I could toss together in a jiffy. This recipe is so easy: you just put all the ingredients in your crockpot. There are no additional pots or pans to dirty. The only thing better than the convenience of this soup is the taste!
To be honest, when I first put a bowl of this soup in front of each of my kids they all cringed thinking that it would not taste good. Well their attitudes quickly changed once they took their first bite. The next day there was a request from them to have the leftovers for lunch.
This super easy thai curry chicken soup should definitely be on your menu for next weeks meal plan. Try it out and let me know your thoughts. Enjoy!
- 2 Tbsp red curry paste
- 2 12 oz cans coconut milk
- 2 cups chicken stock
- 2 Tbsp fish sauce
- 2 Tbsp brown sugar
- 2 Tbsp peanut butter
- ¼ tsp red pepper flakes (optional)
- 1½ pounds boneless skinless chicken breast, cut into small two inch long strips
- 1 red bell pepper, cut into strips
- 1 small red onion, thinly sliced about 1 cup
- 8 oz package of baby bella mushrooms or cremini mushrooms, sliced
- 1 heaping Tbsp fresh ginger, minced
- 1½ cups carrots, sliced
- ¼ cup fresh squeezed lime juice
- cilantro, chopped for garnish (optional)
- cooked white rice (optional)
- place first 7 ingredients into slow cooker and whisk to combine
- add the rest of the ingredients except lime juice
- Cook on high for 4 hours or Low for 6
- before serving stir in lime juice
- serve in a bowl with some rice and garnish with cilantro