Known as Thai Basil Beef or Pad Gra Prow. It is a delicious dish that is ready in under 15 minutes.
Thai food is something that I need more of in my life. I wanted to branch off from only making Pad Thai and Red Curry at home. So I tried this Thai Basil Beef it was amazing! I have some co-workers that always get Thai Basil dishes when we go out for Thai food so I thought it was worth a try at home.
The dish is very simple to make and comes together pretty quickly. Especially if you are buying frozen rice that you can just microwave, you will have dinner ready in no time.
Thai Basil Beef calls for Thai basil if you are not able to find Thai basil, just substitute it for regular basil. I would highly recommend still trying to find Thai basil, I would try a specialty market if you have one near your home.
- 2 tablespoons oil
- 12 oz. beef, sliced thinly against the grain and mixed with 1 teaspoon oil and 2 teaspoons cornstarch
- 6 cloves garlic, chopped
- 1 red bell pepper, sliced thinly
- 1 small onion, thinly sliced
- ¼ cup soy sauce
- 2 teaspoon oyster sauce
- 2 teaspoons fish sauce
- ¼ teaspoon
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 1 cup Thai basil leaves, packed, chopped
- Cilantro, to garnish.
- Heat a wok or large skillet over high heat, and add the oil. Sear the beef until just browned, remove the meat and set aside.
- next, add in the garlic, red pepper, and onion. Stir until they are slightly browned.
- Toss the beef back into the skillet add the soy sauce, oyster sauce, fish sauce, and sugar. Stir-fry for another few seconds, and then fold in the Thai basil until it’s just wilted. Serve with rice, and top with cilantro.
Recipe adapted from The Wok Of Life