I really enjoy stuffed peppers, but I wanted to try something different that my kids would also enjoy. They love eating tacos, so I figured they would these stuffed peppers. This dish was a breeze these were to make, too! I had this meal put together and in the oven so fast. And while I cleaned up the kitchen, the timer was going off on the oven by the time I was done. I love recipes like this that don’t require tons of steps and that are right to the point.
This dish is something that could definitely be done ahead of time and just pop ’em into the oven when its time for dinner! Convenience is key. I used the Trader Joe’s packet of frozen quinoa that you cook in the microwave, which made it that much simpler.
The boys ate these right up. I sliced them into thirds and they picked up each piece and ate them that way. Tacos are one of their favorite foods, so when I told them they tasted like tacos, it made getting them to try a bite that much easier. I will say they were a bit skeptical of the bell pepper, but once I made them take their first bite, it was no struggle to make them finish their plate. If only they would stop fighting me lol. One can dream right?!
This recipe does need a side unless you plan on doubling it. I think some chips and guacamole or a nice salad would work great. Serve this for dinner this week and let me know how it turns out! Enjoy 🙂
- 4 yellow bell peppers (or any color)
- 1.25 pounds ground beef
- 3 Tbsp taco seasoning
- 2 Cups cooked quinoa
- 1 Tbsp onion powder
- 1½ cups mexican blend shredded cheese
- ⅓ cup sour cream
- ½ cup salsa
- cilantro for garnish
- Preheat oven to 350
- Slice each bell pepper in half (long ways) and place on a baking sheet open side up, set aside
- Brown the ground beef and drain grease if necessary
- Add taco seasoning, quinoa, onion powder, 1 cup of the shredded cheese, sour cream and salsa to meat
- Mix together to combine
- Add meat mixture to each of the halved bell peppers
- Top with remaining cheese
- Place in preheated oven for 20 minutes
- Remove top with cilantro (optional)
- Serve and Enjoy!
If you make this or any of our recipes, we would love to see them! Snap a photo and hashtag it#TwoSistersKitchens or tag [email protected]Instagram!