I threw this recipe together one day when I literally had nothing planned for dinner. I had ground beef, and I had just made my homemade salsa the day before. So I had to think of something to make! The kids were hungry, and I really didn’t want to order a pizza. So I went through my pantry and said “Taco Casserole”!! And voila I’m sharing the recipe with you!
Making this recipe was so fast and of course simple. And since my kids love taco seasoning, this was a hit of course. Well that was until one of the twins realized there were refried beans in it and put up a fight. But other than him, my other two and the hubby really enjoyed it.
Finding recipes like this make life simply simple! And the less craziness the better. I think we can all agree on that lol. Make this for your loved ones and share your thoughts. And of course, don’t forget to comment, share, like and pin! ENJOY!
- 1 pound of ground beef
- 1 cup frozen corn
- 1 package taco seasoning (or 3 Tbsp homemade taco seasoning)
- 1 cup salsa
- 1 can refried beans
- Tortilla chips
- 2 cups mexican cheese blend shredded cheese
- Sour cream, salsa verde (or your favorite salsa) and cilantro for garnish (optional)
- Preheat oven to 350
- In large skillet brown and ground the beef
- Drain any extra grease
- Add corn, taco seasoning and corn
- Mix to combine
- In a 13x9 baking dish add refried beans to the bottom and spread to cover the bottom
- Layer chips, meat mixture, small handful of cheese and a handful of chips and repeat
- After all meat is used sprinkle the remaining cheese on top
- Bake for 20 minutes until cheese is melted
- Remove from oven, serve with sour cream, salsa verde, salsa and cilantro (all optional) enjoy!