This is one of those appetizers that I seriously can’t get enough of! I’m that person that keeps going back to the appetizer table and keeps grabbing more in hopes that no one is paying attention. These stuffed jalapeños are so addictive that I seriously could eat, well I won’t say, a good amount of these bad boys. I promise you the flavors in these stuffed jalapeños will not disappoint your taste buds.
I will say, and I don’t want this to deter you from making these, but they are little time consuming to make. That being said, it never stops me from making them because thats how awesome they are! I am someone who loves easy, quick recipes, but the flavor alone gets me to make these time and time again. I tend to avoid making these on a day that the kids are running around at my feet and I have to play referee to the fighting or if we are having people over for the football game and I don’t want to spend all my time in the kitchen prepping. A huge part of me just can’t resist the flavor that these bring to the table, and they’re always such a hit, so how can I not spend the extra time to make them? Time management is key: try and save yourself from stress and prep these the day before or even hours before guests arrive. I usually make sure the kids are occupied and staying out of trouble so I can focus. When guests arrive, I can just put them in the oven when you need them. The time consuming parts are the cutting and prepping of the jalapeños and the stuffing of the them. You can always cut the recipe in half to try it out your first attempt.
Even with my talk of the amount of time these take I do hope you make them and when you do, let me know what you think!
- 15 jalapeños, cut in half and seeds and membrane removed
- 1 lb mild italian sausage
- 1 cup white mushrooms, chopped tiny
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- ¼ tsp black pepper
- 1 8oz package of cream cheese, softened
- 2 cups sharp cheddar cheese
- 6 slices of bacon, cooked and crumbled (optional)
- preheat oven 350
- In large skillet cook sausage breaking it up into small pieces as you go
- prepare jalapeños by cutting in half and removing insides and place aside
- when sausage is cooked add mushrooms, garlic and pepper stirring occasionally about 5 minutes
- after mushrooms are cooked remove meat mixture from heat
- line a baking sheet with non stick foil and arrange jalapeños open side facing up
- either in a large bowl or just mix it in the skillet add cream cheese and 1 cup of cheddar cheese to meat mixture and mix to combine
- one by one add sausage mixture into each jalapeño half with a spoon
- place in oven and cook for about 30-40 minutes until jalapeños look like they are getting slightly softer
- remove from oven and add crumbled bacon and remainder of cheddar cheese to each jalapeño and cook until cheese is melted
- remove from oven and enjoy!