I’m writing this post as I’m relaxing with family in Door County Wisconsin. We absolutely love it up here. My brother in law, Kevin (Joel’s brother), says it’s his “happy place.” I have to agree with him; it’s always amazing every time we go up to their vacation home no matter what the season.
You know it’s a special place to go when they travel quite a few times a year all the way from Burbank, CA to get to their home away from home in Fish Creek, WI. If you’ve never been, I highly, highly recommend it! It takes us about a 4 1/2 hour drive to get to their vacation. home. By the time we arrive, we are definitely ready for some sort of cocktail, especially after being in the car with three kids who 20 minutes into the drive are asking if we are there yet! My amazing sister in law Erin, whom I adore, is always ready for us to arrive and usually has a glass of wine or her amazingly perfect cosmos ready to pour. This time, she made this amazing recipe she came across for a Cosmopolitan with St. Germain, which is an elderflower liqueur. It tasted wonderful and was just what I needed. Thanks Erin!
St. Germain can usually be found at your local liquor store, but I haven’t seen it in every store I’ve been to. You may need to look around for it. It is on the pricier side, but well worth it. One bottle will last you quite some time, and like I tell my husband, it’s a good investment. 🙂 As you can see in my photo, my bottle was almost empty, so it does get used, just not all the time. I plan on sharing some other cocktail recipes with St. Germain liquor in the future, so keep an eye out for them. I hope this cocktail hits the spot and exceeds your expectations as it did mine. Enjoy!
- 1 lime
- 1 tablespoon sugar, for rim of glass (optional)
- Ice cubes
- 2 ounces vodka
- 1 ounce elderflower liqueur ( St. Germain™)
- 1 ounce cranberry juice
- ½ oz freshly squeezed lime juice
- Cut the lime in wedges rub one lime wedge on rim of glass and add sugar to a plate and roll rim in sugar (this step is optional, I enjoy mine without the sugar so its up to you)
- Fill a cocktail shaker with ice
- Add vodka, elderflower liqueur, cranberry juice, and ½ ounce freshly squeezed lime juice.
- Shake vigorously strain into the prepared glass.
- Garnish with a lime wedge and serve.