Oatmeal cookies are definitely one of the top cookies on my list of favorite cookies. This recipe makes soft and buttery cookies that are just perfect. I seriously can’t stop eating them whenever I’m in the kitchen. The kids love taking them for their snack at school, so at least that saves me from looking at them all day trying hard to resist.
Raisons are definitely one of the only things I am not a fan of at all! So no raisins in my oatmeal cookies. Ever! There have been plenty of times in the past where I have eaten around the raisins in someone else’s oatmeal cookies. So when I started baking them for myself, I refused to add raisins. Now if raisins are something that you love, by all means you can add them into the dough when you add the oats. Chocolate chips are a great addition as well. Yummy.
All I know is I love these cookies and I hope you do as well! Whip up a batch and share your thoughts! Enjoy!
- 1 cup unsalted butter, softened
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 1 cup packed brown sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 2 cups all purpose flour
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1 tsp salt
- 3 cups quick oats
- In a large bowl with a hand held mixer of standup mixer cream butter sugar and brown sugar together until well combined
- Mix in eggs
- Add vanilla
- In a separate bowl add flour baking soda and salt and mix together
- Slowly add dry ingredients into the wet and mix until well combined
- By hand, with a spoon, or spatula fold the oats into the batter
- Cover and set in the fridge for at least 1 hour before baking.
- Preheat oven to 375
- Grease 2 cookie sheets and roll dough into a ball and place onto cookie sheet. About 1 tablespoon in size.
- With your palm press the cookies down lightly about halfway.
- Bake for 8-10 minutes