A gooey s’more that is transformed into a cookie bar. Graham Cracker cookie, chocolate and marshmallow fluff make for the perfect crunchy and gooey bar.
Anytime there is a bonfire, I want to make s’mores. S’mores with Hershey chocolate or with Reese’s are my favorite. No matter how much I have eaten that day, or how full I am, I always find room for a s’more. There is just something so special about them. I prefer my s’more to have perfectly warmed marshmallows; I am not one to burn my marshmallow when making a s’more and that is even more of a reason why I love these s’more cookie bars because they are perfectly gooey. They have a graham cracker cookie crust, a fluffy marshmallow cream, and a smooth chocolate layer and more cookie crust on top. You can’t always have a fire during the cool summer nights, which is why these s’more cookie bars are perfect to make for your next bbq or backyard get together. I brought them to a fourth of July party, and they were a hit.
They are pretty easy to whip up. The only thing that I found difficult was the cream marshmallow was hard to spread. Just try your best to spread it to the edges; if you can’t get it all the way to the edge, know that it will spread out while baking. I have made these a couple times since taking photos of them, and the first time I baked them until they were really golden brown, and the second time I baked them until they were just golden: both were really good!
These bars take a while to firm up and cool off. I suggest placing them in the fridge for 30 minutes before you are ready to serve.
- 1 cup butter, softened
- 2 cups light brown sugar
- 2 eggs (room temperature)
- 3 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 1¾ cups flour
- ¾ fine graham crackers crumbs
- 1 14 oz container marshmallow cream
- 4 Hershey bars (broken into pieces)
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Spray a 9by13 inch pan with non stick spray and set aside.
- In a medium bowl, combine the graham cracker crumbs, flour, baking soda, and salt. set aside
- In a stand mixer or large bowl with a hand mixer, cream the butter for 1 minute. Add in the brown sugar and mix on medium speed for 2-3 minutes until light and creamy. Add in the vanilla and mix one egg in at a time.
- Gradually add in the flour/graham cracker mixture to the butter mixture until just combined.
- Press a little more than half of the dough into the prepared pan. (Save the remaining dough for the top).
- Spread the dough with Fluff and top the fluff with Hershey's chocolate (break up each piece before topping on fluff)
- Press rounded tablespoon pieces of the remaining dough on top of the Fluff and chocolate to form somewhat of a crust.
- Bake for 22-26 minutes or until golden brown color covers the top of the bars. ( the edges should be slightly crispy)
- Cool completely before cutting. I cooled mine on the counter for 30 minutes then placed in the fridge to finish the cooling process.
This S’more Cookie Bar recipe was adapted from Buns in My Oven.