There are several different kinds of Chex Party mix that you can buy from the store in a bag, but I promise that this Chex party mix is worth making. You might be familiar with the traditional party Chex mix, but this one has a totally different twist. This is a parmesan ranch inspired snack.
It is super simple to make: add the Chex cereal, pretzels, Cheez-Its, powdered ranch packet, and butter into the slow cooker. You can add peanuts, bagel chips, cheerios, and whatever your favorite ingredient is in Chex mix. The list can really go on and on.
This slow cooker ranch Chex mix recipe can be made in the oven too! I provided those directions below.
Oh and just in case you are looking at the photos wondering why the Cheez-Its look a little different, that is because they are Star Wars Cheez-Its. Jason insisted we buy these when we were at the store.
I used Hidden Valleys ranch salad dressing mix for this recipe.
- 6 cups Chex cereal (wheat, rice, or corn)
- 2 cups pretzels
- 2 cups Cheez-It crackers
- 6 tablespoons butter
- 1 (1 ounce) package ranch seasoning mix
- 3 tablespoons grated Parmesan cheese
- Slow Cooker:
- Add the Chex, pretzels, and 2 cups cheez its to the slow cooker.
- Melt the butter in the microwave or a small sauce pan. Add the ranch seasoning mix to the melted butter.
- Pour the melted butter/ranch mix over the Chex mix, stir well. Sprinkle in the parmesan cheese and give another gentle stir. Make sure to stir gently the mixture to not break the Chex cereal.
- Turn on high for 1½ hour, making sure to stir the mixture every 20 to 30 minutes to make sure that it does not burn. Turn off and transfer to a bowl, let it cool slightly before eating.
- Preheat oven to 250F. Line a large rimmed baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Combine cereal, pretzels, and crackers in a large mixing bowl.
- Melt butter in the microwave or saucepan and stir in the ranch seasoning mix. Pour over the cereal mix and stir to combine.Make sure to gently stir the mixture. Transfer to the prepared baking sheet and sprinkle with the grated Parmesan cheese.
- Bake for 1 hour, stirring every 15 minutes.
- Cool before serving.