Incredibly easy slow cooker chicken parmesan sandwiches. These are perfect for a crowd, a kid’s party, or just an easy weeknight meal.
These sandwiches are truly a dump and go recipe. I would say that isn’t the most appealing phrase for food, but it is appealing in the sense that it is easy. Dump and go makes it sound like the recipe is not going to be flavorful and satisfying; however, I can guarantee that these chicken parmesan sandwiches are super flavorful, and everyone is going to love them. They are definitely a kid friendly and crowd-pleasing meal.
You start by turning on your slow cooker, spraying it with olive oil spray, adding in the chicken, 6 cloves of minced garlic, Italian seasoning, and 2 cups of your favorite marinara sauce. Stir, cover and cook on low for several hours. Come back home, shred the chicken, toast some bread and a super easy meal is ready. We ate our chicken parmesan sandwiches with a Caesar Salad, but green beans, carrots, and brussel sprouts are all nice additions to this meal.
- Parmesan Chicken:
- 2 lbs of boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 6 cloves of garlic, minced
- 1 teaspoon Italian seasoning
- 2 jars of Pasta Sauce (use your favorite)
- 8-10 mini ciabatta rolls (or your favorite bread, texas toast, french bread etc)
- 6 tablespoons butter, melted
- 2 teaspoons Italian seasoning
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- Optional Toppings:
- Fresh basil
- parmesan cheese
- Mozzarella cheese
- Spray a slow cooker with cooking spray. Add the chicken breasts, garlic,Italian Seasoning, and pasta sauce. Cover and cook on high for 3-4 hours or low for 6-8 hours. Once the chicken is cooked through, shred the chicken and place back in the slow cooker. Prepare your bread.
- Easy Garlic Bread:
- Preheat oven's broiler. Mix the garlic powder and Italian seasoning together in a small bowl.
- Separate the bread halves, and spread the melted butter onto the bread. Sprinkle the garlic/Italian mixture over the bread.
- Broil or toast until golden brown, about 4-5 minutes. Keep a close eye on the bread as it will brown quickly.
- Divide chicken over two slices of bread. Sprinkle with cheese on top and place under the broiler for 1-2 minutes or until the cheese has melted.