I think this chicken salad is one of my favorite things to whip together. My sister Joanna introduced me to this easy recipe, and I love making this and munching on it throughout the week. It is a great snack by itself, amazing on a sandwich, or my favorite way, putting a big scoop of it inside of an avocado. Of course you can also put a spoonful on little squares of bread for an appetizer. I don’t really think there’s a wrong way to eat it, to be honest.
With this recipe, I use a rotisserie chicken you buy at your local market. I find that the breast meat is so moist and tender, and you can’t beat the convenience of not having to cook the chicken. Making this with greek yogurt and not mayo is just so much better for you, and I think it tastes better, too.
This chicken salad can be used in so many different ways. I encourage you to try this out and let me know how you enjoyed it.
- 1 Rotisserie Chicken, chicken breasts shredded
- 4 Stalks of celery, diced into tiny pieces
- 1½ cups red grapes, cut in half
- ¼ cup green onions, sliced
- ¾ cups plain greek yogurt
- salt and pepper to taste
- Mix all ingredients in a bowl and enjoy!
- Store in a airtight container in the fridge for up to one week