I am totally in love with this creamy mushroom chicken dish.
Caramelized mushrooms. Cream Sauce. Chicken and garlic.
This dish is sophisticated and easy to throw together. You can have it all together in about 30 minutes.
We enjoyed eating this dish with broccoli and rice. You could enjoy it with egg noodles, quinoa, or just a side of warm veggies. There are so many options that would be a great addition to this dish.
I used white mushrooms for this dish since they are my favorite kind of mushrooms, but I am sure your favorite mushroom would be perfect in this dish.
- 2-3 Tbsp olive oil
- 1 lb mushrooms, sliced
- 2-3 scallions, minced
- 5 cloves garlic, minced
- 4 chicken breasts
- ¼ teaspoon salt, or more ground pepper
- ½ teaspoon salt, or more to taste
- ¾ cup chicken broth
- ½ cup chopped fresh parsley
- ¾ cups heavy whipping cream
- Heat a large skillet over medium high heat with 1 tablespoon of olive oil. Add the sliced mushrooms, occasionally stir and cook for 4-5 minutes, until tender and browned. Add the scallions and garlic, cook for another 2 minutes. Transfer the mushroom mixture to a large plate.
- Using a mallet or rolling pin, pound down the chicken breasts into ½ inch thickness. Pat dry with a paper towel, then sprinkle with salt and pepper.
- In a large skillet heat 1-2 tablespoons olive oil over medium high heat. Add the chicken breasts and cook for 3-4 minutes until browned and flip to the other side and cook for 3-4 minutes on the other side.
- Reduce the heat to medium-low, slowly add in the chicken broth, cover with a lid and simmer for 10-15 or until the chicken is cooked through (160 degrees). This time will all depend on how large your chicken breasts are. Mine took about 10 minutes, but they were pretty thin chicken breasts.
- Once the chicken is cooked through add back in the mushroom mixture, stir until the mushrooms are warmed again. Turn off the flame and slowly whisk in the heavy cream. Add salt and fresh pepper to taste. Serve immediately.