This corn and avocado salad is so delicious and perfectly paired with salmon. You can grill or bake the fish too.
We’ve been averaging temperatures in the 50s, and Jason and I are having the urge to grill outside almost every day. There is just something about the weather getting warmer and wanting to push out the comfort food and start to eat food that is refreshing. This salmon with avocado corn salad is exactly that. It is refreshing, light, and super easy to pull together.
It was actually raining when we were going to make this, so I ended up making the salmon in the oven. It was just as good as making it on the grill. When cooking salmon in the grill or oven, make sure to always cook skin side down. There is no need for flipping unless you want grill marks. If you do want grill marks on the fish, sear the salmon for 2-3 min on the non skin side and then turn onto the skin side to finish cooking.
- 1 lb Salmon filets
- ½ teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoons fresh ground pepper
- ¾ teaspooons Paprika
- ¼ teaspoon Cayenne
- ¾ teaspoon Dried thyme
- ¼ teaspoon Salt
- 1½ tablespoons Olive oil
- Avocado Corn Salad
- 1 cup corn, fresh or frozen
- 1 cup halved grape tomatoes
- 1 small avocado, diced
- ¼ cup red onion, chopped
- ¼ cup fresh cilantro,chopped
- 2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 tablespoons red wine vinegar
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- Preheat oven to 350 F Foil a baking sheet.
- Combine all of the seasonings in a small bowl. Drizzle the salmon with olive oil, and spread the seasonings over the surface of the salmon. Bake (skin-side down) for 20-25 min this all depends on the thickness of the salmon. Once the salmon pulls apart easily with a fork you know its done.
- Preheat the grill over high heat, put on the grill (skin side down) for 10 - 15 minutes depending on thickness. Do not turn the salmon over.
- Avocado Corn Salad:
- In a medium bowl combine the red wine vinegar, salt, olive oil, mix well. Add the tomatoes, corn, red onion, and cilantro.