Delicious red apple sangria. Made with apple cider, red wine, brandy, orange juice,cinnamon sticks, and a cinnamon sugar rim.
Nothing speaks fall more to me than apples, especially apple cider. That might be why I am so in love with this red apple sangria. I shared an apple cider champagne punch almost a year ago; that was pretty similar to this sangria, but that one was made with champagne and apple cider. No judgement on the photos: they have for sure gotten better over time.
Pitcher drinks are my go-to when I am making a drink for a get-together. They are simple, fast, and usually pretty budget friendly. It is nice throughout the night to not continually make drinks and be able to relax and enjoy your company.
The cinnamon sugar rim is a must for this drink. It is easy to make and you can prep all of the glasses before you serve the sangria.
- 2 bottles red wine (I used a Spanish blend)
- 1¼ cup brandy
- 1 cup orange juice
- 4 cups apple cider
- 4 cinnamon sticks
- 2 red apples, diced
- 1 orange sliced
- Cinnamon Sugar rim:
- ½ cinnamon
- 3 tablespoons granulated sugar
- In a large pitcher add the wine, orange juice, brandy, apple cider, cinnamon sticks, red apples, and orange. Chill for at least 1 hour. It is best if chilled for 6-8 hours or up to 24 hours. Make sure to stir before serving.
- Cinnamon sugar rim:
- On a small plate mix together the sugar and cinnamon.
- Moisten the rim of the glass with water. Turn the glass upside down, dip and spin the rim in the cinnamon sugar mixture.
- Pour the sangria into the prepared glass and enjoy!
For more drink recipes, try these: