Pasta has to be one of my favorite food groups. I could probably eat it every single night if I didn’t have to justify that my body needs other kinds of food. Usually when I make pasta, I try to add as many vegetables as possible. It is healthier that way… right? I really like to add different colors and textures; that way I am not just eating carbs.
Quick Mediterranean Pasta with Feta Cheese is one of the easiest pastas to add whatever you want to it. You can add all kinds of vegetables to it. I added tomatoes, spinach, and artichoke hearts. You can add whatever vegetables you have on hand. Sundried tomatoes, black olives, and eggplant are just a few ideas that I have for the next time I make this dish. I know I said this recipe is quick, but I was able to have it done in 15 minutes!! Have fun with this recipe, change it up, and make it your own quick weeknight meal.
- 8 ounces linguine
- ⅓ cup olive oil, plus 1 tablespoon to saute with
- Juice from 3 lemons
- 1 cup cherry tomatoes cut in half
- 1 can or jar artichoke hearts, drained and quartered
- 5 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 cups spinach
- ¾ teaspoon kosher salt
- ½ teaspoon fresh black pepper
- 1 cup crumbled feta cheese, divided
- Start to boil water for the pasta. Cook according to package directions.
- While the noodles are boiling combined the tomatoes, ½ cup feta, artichoke hearts,lemon juice, salt, pepper, and olive oil in a large bowl.
- In a medium skillet over medium heat, add one tablespoon olive oil and add minced garlic, stir for 1-2 minutes until fragrant. Add the garlic to the large bowl of vegetables.
- Add the two cups of spinach to the same skillet with 1 tablespoon of water. Heat on Medium high heat until the spinach has wilted once the spinach has wilted add it to the vegetable mixture.
- Once the pasta is done, toss everything in a large bowl. Taste and add more lemon juice or salt if needed.
- Serve warm or cold with fresh feta on top. Enjoy!
Recipe adapted from Girlgonegourmet.com