Pistachio and White Chocolate Chip Cookies. They are soft, and have an amazing pistachio crust on top.
When St. Patrick’s day comes around, I always want to eat the pistachio jello pudding mix. My mom used to always make a Pistachio Pudding Cake, and it was something that I loved. I know that the green concoction tastes nothing like a real pistachios does, but it’s so yummy. I usually only have this pudding mix in something once a year. This year, I thought that I would make cookies with the pudding mix, and they turned out amazing.
You are really only using the pudding mix for flavor in the cookies, so make sure that you do not skip using it in the recipe. There is also no salt in these cookies due to the fact that the pistachios that I bought were already lightly salted. I crushed my pistachios with a mallet, or you can also put them in a food processor; just make sure that they do not become too fine.
Now to the giveaway. HelloFresh Meals is giving away $500 Worth of Delicious HelloFresh Meals. I wish I could win this! Seriously. It is so awesome and convenient to get everything you need to make a healthy meal delivered right to your door step. The meals feed 1-2 people or 4 people. If you are interested in entering click on the image below of anything on this blog post that has HelloFresh Meals. The giveaway runs from March 14th to March 28th. Unfortunately the giveaway is open to US readers only.
Make sure to share this post with your friends so they have a chance to win free meals!!
- 2 sticks unsalted butter, softened
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 1 pkg. (3.4 oz.) JELL-O Pistachio Instant Pudding
- 2 eggs, room temperature
- 1½ tsp. baking soda
- 2 cups flour
- 1¼ cup white chocolate chips
- ½ cup crushed pistachios, plus ¼ cup for topping the cookies
- Pre-heat your oven to 350°F.
- In a stand mixer or with a hand mixer mix together the butter, sugar and Jello. Mix on medium speed for 2-3 minutes.
- Add the eggs one at a time and incorporate well after each addition.
- Add the flour and baking soda to the butter mixture, until combined. Make sure to not overmix.
- Fold in the chocolate chips and pistachios.
- Using a tablespoon cookie scoop, scoop balls and roll the tops into the crushed pistachios. Place on baking sheet.
- Bake for 9-11 minutes, until the bottoms are lightly browned.
- Cool on the cookie sheet for 5 minutes and then transfer to a cooling rack.
Recipe adapted from Mom on Timeout.