This is absolutely delicious! This twist on guacamole in my opinion is genius. I mean, come on, you add bacon to anything and it just makes it that much better.
When I make this guacamole, I love to add it on top of a burger. By adding a big dollop of this guac to the burger, the burger doesn’t need anything else to make it savory. My oldest son, who will be ten next week, can’t eat this up fast enough. He was hesitant to add it to his burger, but after his first bite that combined the two flavors, he quickly told me that “this is the best burger ever!”
Obviously devouring it with good old fashioned tortilla chips will hit the spot just as much. Make this for your next party or dinner, and everyone will be thrilled with the flavors. ENJOY!
- 3 small or 2 large avocados
- ¼ cup red onion, chopped
- ¼ cup tomatoes, diced
- 1 cup fresh pineapple, diced
- 4 slices cooked bacon, crumbled
- ¼ tsp garlic salt
- juice of half a lime
- pinch of black pepper
- Cook the bacon so that it comes to a crisp, and set it on a plate with a paper towel to soak up the grease.
- As you fold the paper towel over the bacon, you can begin crunching and crumbling the bacon into less than bite sized pieces.
- Mash the avocados first with the lime juice to get the consistency and taste desired. If the guacamole is too watery or acidic, add another half of an avocado and slightly increase the other ingredients to balance out the flavor.
- Stir in the rest of the ingredients so that your tomatoes don't get smashed in the process. In medium bowl mix all ingredients together until you reach the consistency you desire.
- Feel free to add more bacon or pineapple to your taste