I know, I know, it’s freezing out…well at least in the Chicagoland area it’s freezing. You are probably thinking “who makes margaritas when there is snow on the ground?” Margaritas are probably one of my favorite drinks to make. This recipe is a for a pitcher that is sure to have plenty to go around.
With this perfect pitcher margarita recipe, it’s just fresh lime juice, triple sec, and tequila. You will need juice from about 16-20 limes, I suggest using a manual juicer or a citrus juicer. It will save you a ton of time and save you the forearm workout. I would not suggest using a juice extractor as that will leave pulp in the lime juice.
Just a warning: these margaritas are STRONG. One glass on the rocks is plenty to last you for a while. If you want a sweeter margarita, add a cup of simple syrup or a cup of sweetened lime juice. These are true, simple, and authentic margaritas. Many recipes call for ice in the pitcher, but because I don’t want the margaritas to get watered down, I store the pitcher in the fridge and pour these margaritas over ice.
- 1 750ml bottle of silver tequila
- 2 cups of triple sec
- 1½ - 2 cups of lime juice (about 15-20 limes)
- extra lime juice and salt for rimming the glass
- 1 cup of simple syrup or 1 cup of sweetened lime juice
- Mix all of the ingredients in a large pitcher. Be sure to prep this at least an hour before serving so that it can get cold in the refrigerator. Be sure to cover the top so the drinks don't get a "fridge taste." Pour over ice in a cocktail glass.
- If adding sugar or sweetened lime juice, add to taste.
This post contains affiliate links all options are 100% mine.
For more drink recipes, try these: