I have had a sweet tooth lately, and I love peanut butter! I decided to make these delicious peanut butter cookies with butterscotch morsels, so I could devour a good amount of them! I try and stay away from temptations like this, but there’s no harm indulging every so often. Thankfully, my husband and kids were able to help with the consumption of these easy peanut butter and butterscotch cookies!
I have never really been a huge fan of baking, but after starting this food blog with my sister Claira, whom is a natural baker at heart, my eyes have opened a little. I have started having a desire to bake, which is crazy for me. I usually stick to cooking. Needless to say, the kids love it because they have more sweet treats to help eat when I want to put on my bakers hat.
Like I said before, I love peanut butter and what I love even more is peanut butter cookies. My memories of peanut butter cookies growing up were that they were always crunchy, hard cookies. I know tons of people love them that way, but I definitely don’t. When I was younger and someone had baked some, I would always want to eat them while they were still warm because they were usually still pretty soft. So this recipe makes me smile because they are exactly how I like my peanut butter cookies: on the softer side.
I wanted to add something different to mine, so I chose butterscotch morsels this time. Now, if butterscotch isn’t your thing this can easily be substituted for chocolate chips and maybe for a more peanut butter taste use peanut butter morsels or even go the plain route. Whichever way you end up making them, I’m hopeful you will love them. Enjoy!
- ½ cup unsalted butter, softened to room temp
- ½ cup granulated sugar
- ½ cup packed brown sugar
- ¾ cup creamy peanut butter
- 1 large egg
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1½ cups all purpose flour
- 1 tsp baking soda
- ½ tsp salt
- ½ cup butterscotch chips
- Preheat oven to 350
- In a stand mixer using the paddle or hand mixer cream the butter and sugar together
- Add the peanut butter, egg, and vanilla mix well and scrape the bowls sides
- In a separate bowl combine the flour, baking soda and salt
- Slowly add dry mixture into the wet until just incorporated, don't over mix
- Fold the butterscotch chips in the batter by hand with wooden spoon or spatula
- Roll dough into balls and place on an ungreased baking sheet
- Criss cross the tops with a fork and sprinkle with some sugar (optional)
- Bake for 10-12 minutes until they just start to crack on the top
- Remove from oven and let sit for a minute or two before removing and transferring cookies to a cooling rack
- Store in an airtight container after they cool