I love this recipe for hot milk cake, which I got from my mom! It reminds me of being little: my mom used to make this cake, and it was a favorite of mine. It is so moist and the flavor is amazing! And there is no need for frosting; honestly, I think it ruins the cake. So no icing and just a dusting of powdered sugar, and it’s ready to eat.
I find this cake to be extremely easy to make. Without having to make frosting after it cools, you get to enjoy a piece right away. While savoring this tasty treat, I love to pour myself a big cup of coffee to go with it. The flavors are so simple. There is a hint of vanilla, and did I mention how incredibly moist it is? It really is something everyone should try!
My kids are in love with this cake too! I know when they walk in the door this afternoon after school they will be ecstatic and begging for some. Make this and let me know if you fall in love with this cake, too. Enjoy!
- 4 eggs
- 2 cups granulated sugar
- 2¼ cups all purpose flour
- 2¼ tsp baking powder
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1¼ cups milk
- 10 Tbsp butter
- In the bowl of a stand up mixer or hand held mixer beat the eggs on medium to high speed until thickened about 5 minutes
- Gradually add sugar continue beating until mixture is light and fluffy
- Combine flour and baking powder in a small bowl
- Slowly add flour mixture to egg mixture along with the vanilla
- Mix on slow speed until smooth, scrape the sides with a spatula
- In saucepan, heat milk and butter just until butter melts, stirring occasionally
- Slowly with a steady stream mix the hot milk into batter until combined
- Pour into a greased 9x13 baking pan
- Bake at 350 for 35-40 minutes until tooth pick comes out clean fairly clean
- Cool on wire rack
- Dust with powdered sugar (optional)
- Cut into squares