I love, love, love key lime pie; it is my all time favorite! There are plenty of baked goods and sweets I can walk by that are in my house, but if there is a key lime dessert anywhere, I have no self control! There is something about the tartness of the lime with the hint of sweetness you get, oh and you can’t over look the graham cracker crust and some yummy whipped cream on top. AHHH I want one now just thinking about it!
These little bite size pies are fairly easy to whip together. You may have a little graham cracker crumbs and a couple spoonfuls of the filling leftover, so feel free to make a few extra than the recipe says it makes.
I used a tablespoon (used for measuring) to press down into the cups to compress the graham cracker crusts. It was the perfect fit for the size of the cups and worked really well. The whipped cream and lime zest are optional as they just make them look pretty. They don’t even need the garnish. That’s how tasty they are! Make a batch and let me know how they turn out for you. Enjoy!
- 1½ cups graham cracker crumbs
- 6 Tbsp unsalted butter, melted
- ⅓ cup sugar
- 4 oz full fat cream cheese, room temperature
- 4 large egg yolks
- 1 14oz can sweetened condensed milk
- ½ cup key lime juice
- whipped cream and lime zest (optional)
- Preheat oven to 350
- Line mini muffin pan with mini cupcake cups
- Crust: In a medium bowl mix graham cracker crumbs, butter and sugar together with a spatula until well combined
- Put a tablespoon into each cupcake cup. Press crust firmly into each cup so its is compact
- Place in preheated oven for about 5 minutes and then remove from oven and set aside
- Filling: In large bowl of a standup mixer or hand held mixer beat cream cheese on high until smooth
- On medium high speed beat in egg yolk scraping sides as needed
- Add sweetened condensed milk and lime juice on high until well incorporated
- Pour filling into each pre-baked crust and bake about 10-12 minutes
- Remove from oven and let cool on a wire rack
- When cooled place on a baking sheet and place in the fridge for about 2 hours
- When chilled garnish with whipped cream and lime zest (optional)
- Serve and ENJOY!!