Oh how I wish it was already spring. I really do not like the winter; I’m not sure why I still live in Illinois. There isn’t much that I can do about the winter except make recipes that remind me of the warmer months. That is exactly what this Mediterranean cucumber tomato salad does for me. It makes me think of fresh tomatoes and crisp cucumbers that would quench any heat in the mid summer months. I am just grateful it can be enjoyed all year round.
It pairs nicely with mediterranean food, grilled chicken, fish, or just as a snack. It is ready in under 10 minutes and can easily be doubled or tripled.
- 1½ cup cherry tomatoes, sliced
- 1 large cucumber, chopped ( peel if desired)
- 2 stalks green onion, finely chopped
- ⅓ cup parsley chopped
- ⅓ cup fresh lemon juice
- ½ tsp sea salt (or more to taste)
- Cut up the tomatoes, cucumber, green onion, and parsley add it all to a medium sized bowl.
- Add, the freshly squeezed lemon juice and salt, stir. Add more salt if desired.