This is a go to, fail proof, and easy meatball recipe. I’ve been making these Italian meatballs for years so when I wanted to share them with you I realized I had to figure out the portions of each ingredient. I had been so used to eyeballing my ingredients over the years that I completely forgot! So after figuring it all out I present you with, in my opinion, the best meatballs ever!! My kids seriously can not get enough of these! I usually double or sometimes even triple the recipe so we can have extras for leftovers and I also freeze some for a future “I have no time” meal. You can serve them with your favorite pasta and sauce or a yummy meatball sub! there are endless possibilities.
I think my favorite thing about this recipe is how comforting a big pile of spaghetti and meatballs can make you feel. It is a comfort food to me and I love making it. I serve it with some delicious warm garlic bread and a glass of red wine. Yummy! Try these out and share your feedback. Enjoy!
- 1 lb. ground beef
- ¼ cup italian bread crumbs
- ½ cup shredded parmesan cheese (or grated)
- 2 eggs
- 4 large cloves of garlic minced or use garlic press
- ½ dried basil, or sometimes I chop up fresh basil
- 1 Tbsp italian seasoning
- 1 tsp salt
- ½ tsp pepper
- ¼ tsp red pepper flakes (optional)
- preheat oven 375
- In large bowl add all ingredients. Mix together with hands until well combined. (if mixture feels too dry add another egg or sometimes I have even added a splash of milk.)
- Form ball into hands. place on a nonstick foil lined baking sheet.
- place in oven for 25-30 minutes.