Irish coffee: it’s my new found love. It is surprisingly delicious and has amazing flavor! I don’t know why I’ve never tried or tasted it before. If you’ve never tried one, now is the time!
My birthday just passed a couple days ago, and on my bday, I had made myself one of these warm and tasty drinks. I already knew ahead of time I wanted to make this for the blog, but I didn’t know when I would taste test. What better day to do it than on your birthday with the kids at school and no plans until the evening. Not sure why it took me years to try this coffee drink, but it is now something I add to my favorite drink list.
Now I used Jack Daniels Whiskey to make this drink. Typically you use an Irish whisky, hence Irish coffee as the name, but Jack is what I had in the house, and hey it’s whiskey! And it tasted fantastic! I hope you make this and add it to you favorite cocktails list. Enjoy!
- 1 cup heavy whipping cream
- 3 Tbsp Baileys Irish Creme (optional)
- ½ cup Irish whiskey, or whatever's on hand
- 4 Tbsp brown sugar
- 4 cups hot coffee
- In a chilled bowl whisk whipping cream and Baileys Irish Creme together until thickened. (or use hand mixer)
- Brew some coffee
- Add 1 Tbsp of brown sugar into each mug(4)
- Add coffee into each
- Top with a heaping dollop of Bailey's whipped cream
- Sip and Enjoy!