This recipe has permanently replaced store bought Italian dressing for my family. It is tangy, creamy, and full of flavor. Did I mention a breeze to make? Simply put the ingredients, which you probably already have in your home already, in a blender or even a mason jar and blend or shake vigorously until combined.
You can adjust the ingredients to your taste as you make it by changing up the herbs and spices. The first time I experimented with this recipe, I realized it needed more black pepper and parmesan. I like to make my dressing with extra virgin olive oil, but if you prefer another oil, such as canola, feel free to use it. You can also make this with red wine vinegar instead of white wine vinegar, and both ways taste amazing. Try both and see which you prefer. That’s what I love about cooking:everything can be customized!
In my opinion, there is nothing like a good dressing to make an amazing salad even better! So eat up and enjoy! Let me know how this homemade Italian dressing turns out and if you made any changes.
- ½ cup extra virgin olive oil
- ¼ cup white wine vinegar
- 1 garlic cloves, pressed
- pinch of red pepper flakes
- 2 tsp italian seasoning
- ½ tsp salt
- 3 Tbsp grated parmesan cheese
- fresh ground black pepper to taste
- Add all ingredients to a blender, small food process or even shake in a mason jar.
- Mix until well combined
- Store in an airtight container in the refrigerator, allow dressing to sit at room temperature fora bit before serving.