This concoction is so delicious. A traditional greyhound is fresh squeezed grapefruit juice and vodka or gin. Adding the rosemary adds a twist to this classic cocktail. It makes it a perfect refreshment for the summer.
Luckily my local market sells freshly squeezed grapefruit juice, so it’s easy for me. Using bottled grapefruit juice that’s on the shelf does not taste the same. If you can either squeeze your own or find a market that makes it daily, I highly recommend making this cocktail with freshly squeezed verses pre bottled.
You can definitely make this in a pitcher for a party to make things easier. Also, I find the longer the rosemary sits in the cocktail, the better the flavors. Making a rosemary simple syrup goes a long way as well. The simple syrup is really great to have if the rosemary flavor is something you want to be prominent in your drink. You can use it for other drinks as well! Enjoy this cocktail, and let me know what you think!
- 2 oz vodka
- 4 oz freshly squeezed grapefruit juice
- fresh sprigs of rosemary
- 1 tsp rosemary simple syrup, optional. Check post for the link to the recipe
- In bottom of a glass muddle a few leaves of rosemary, more or less to taste (use that method iif not using the rosemary simple syrup)
- Add first three ingredients into a shaker
- Put ice into a glass
- Shake the shaker until well shaken
- Pour into the glass and enjoy!