Fluffy waffles made with greek yogurt. They are an easy breakfast that everyone will love!
Happy Saturday! We are supposed to get a lot of snow this weekend! So we are planning on staying inside and cozying up on our couch.
I have not always been a big breakfast eater, but something about waking up on the weekend and not having to go to work makes my appetite really kick in. We do not make breakfast every Saturday morning, but it is special when we do take the time to make something. Even though it is the weekend and we have more time to make ourselves a warm breakfast, I still want it to be fast prep time. That is exactly what these greek yogurt waffles are, they are fast to make and a little bit on the healthier side.
I suggest when making them to spray your waffle iron in between each waffles, there is not oil in these waffles like a box mix usually has so they will stick a lot easier.
- 2 cups flour
- 1 tablespoon + 2 teaspoons baking powder
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- ¼ teaspoon cinnamon
- 2 eggs
- 1¾ cup milk
- ½ cup plain greek yogurt (I used 0% fat)
- 1 tablespoon agave or maple syrup
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- In a medium sized bowl combine the flour. baking powder, salt, and cinnamon.
- In a large bowl whisk together the eggs, milk, greek yogurt, agave, and vanilla extract. Add in the flour mixture and stir until well combined. (there will be lumps but they will bake out, try to get most of the larger lumps out)
- Grease a waffle maker and cook waffles according to the manufacturer's instructions. Serve with your favorite waffle toppings.
- Make sure you spray your waffle iron in between each batch, these stick more easily than box mix.
Adapted from The Stay At Home Chef.
If you make this or any of our recipes, we would love to see them! Snap a photo and hashtag it#TwoSistersKitchens or tag [email protected]Instagram!