I CAN NOT GET ENOUGH OF THESE!!! Make these potatoes your new summertime go-to side dish. They are so flavorful, and these potatoes will definitely amp up any dinner.
I can not say enough about these potatoes! I could not stop eating them, and I’m not sure if that’s a good thing or a bad thing lol!! I mean come on: gorgonzola and bacon TOGETHER! What a combo that makes these potatoes taste like heaven. As you can see, I had half the batch with the gorgonzola and bacon and the other half without. Even though my kids are well rounded eaters, I was fairly certain this would not be a hit with them and really didn’t want the fight at the dinner table! I did get one of the twins to take a tiny bite of mine, and he acted like he liked it, even though I can tell he didn’t. He was just trying to make me feel good 🙂 What a sweetheart. The recipe is for a full pan. If you’d like to make half and half like I did, just cut the gorgonzola and bacon in half. I plan on trying this on the grill wrapped in foil, and I’m sure it will turn out just as delicious! Also making these as an appetizer would be great too! This is a must try recipe. Test it out let me know your thoughts and don’t forget to like, comment, share and pin!
- 3 pounds yellow potatoes, washed and sliced into 14 inch slices
- Olive oil
- salt and pepper to taste
- 1 cup gorgonzola cheese (or blue cheese)
- 6-8 sliced cooked bacon, crumbled
- Preheat oven to 400
- Place potato slices on a foil lined baking pan
- Drizzle with olive oil and add salt and pepper to taste
- Mix potatoes with hands to coat then lay slices out flat on pan
- Bake for 45 minutes checking at about 30 minutes because every oven is different
- When the color starts to change slightly and they can be pierced with the fork
- Remove from oven and sprinkle with gorgonzola and bacon
- Place back in oven for about 5-8 minutes until cheese is melted
- Remove and serve