A fresh salad that you will want to eat and never want it to end!
You can not go wrong with this salad! I absolutely love love love goat cheese. You can add goat cheese to something and I will devour it. It pairs so well with the sweet peaches and the candied walnuts. Its a very well rounded salad!
I came across this combination in a salad while in Nashville for a friends bachelorette party. We had a private caterer come to the house and make us an array of yummy appetizers. And among them was a version of this salad and I fell in love! I could not get enough of it. So just like any other foodie would do, when I got home I had to recreate it and see if I could make it just as amazing, if not better. I’m pretty sure I nailed it especially with my homemade balsamic vinaigrette dressing.
The funny thing about goat cheese is that whenever I hear it talked about all I think about is my younger sister Joanna. She hates goat cheese and thats an understatement lol. It’s my life’s goal to get her to eat and enjoy it some day! Oh, side note I get the candied walnuts from Trader Joes. Enjoy!
- 1- 5 oz package of spring mix salad
- 1 fresh peach, sliced into thin slices
- 3 oz fresh goat cheese
- ¼ cup candied walnuts
- fresh ground black pepper to taste
- BALSAMIC VINEGARETTE DRESSING
- 1 teaspoon honey
- 1 tablespoon balsamic vinegar
- Small splash soy sauce
- pinch of garlic powder
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- in a large bowl whisk together balsamic dressing recipe or add favorite dressing
- add spring mix salad and toss in with salad dressing
- toss the salad to combine
- top with remaining ingredients
- serve and enjoy!