Simple, fresh, and perfectly delicious. This is the best bruschetta and perfect appetizer all year round. You can serve it with or without the feta spread.
Bruschetta is something that my mom would make on Sunday’s as an after church snack. The bruschetta that I remember my mom making is a lot different than the bruschetta that I make. She would brush slices of bread with garlic and butter, put mozzarella cheese on top and bake them in the oven until the cheese was melted and the bread was toasted. Then we would top the slices of warm bread with the tomato mix. I really like my mom’s version of bruschetta, and I think it was the inspiration for my recipe. This bruschetta has cream cheese, feta spread that you put on the base of the bread, and is toppec with the tomato mixture. You can pre-make all of the appetizers before a party, or you can present each individual piece as a buffet and have people make their own. If you like cheese, then I can almost guarantee that you will like this spread, but it is nice to give people the option.
Bruschetta is an easy appetizer to bring to a party or serve at a party you are hosting. It is always a crowd pleaser, even for my sister Emma who hates tomatoes. She puts some of the cheese spread on her bread and then drizzles the juices from the tomato mixture on her bread. Okay, maybe I have made this feta bruschetta too much to see how people like theirs. I often get requests to make it for parties, so I think it is that good.
- Feta Spread:
- 6 oz fresh crumbled feta cheese
- 4 oz cream cheese, room temp
- ⅓ Cup olive oil
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice, fresh squeezed
- salt and pepper to taste ( I use ½ teaspoon salt)
- Tomato Mixture:
- 1 16 oz container cherry tomatoes, quartered
- 8-10 basil leaves, roughly chopped
- 1 Tablespoon olive oil
- 2 tsp red wine vinegar
- ¾ tsp dijon mustard
- 1 tsp granulated sugar
- 1 garlic clove, minced (about 1 teaspoon)
- 1-2 large loafs of Italian Bread or Baguette
- In a food processor or blender add the crumbled feta, cream cheese mix until well combined. Then add the lemon juice, olive oil and salt and pepper. Pulse until well combined and really creamy. put in the fridge until ready to serve.
- In a medium size bowl add the olive oil, red wine vinegar, dijon mustard, sugar, and minced garlic. Stir until well combined. Add in the cut up cherry tomatoes and chopped basil, stir. Place in the fridge until ready to serve.
- You can serve immediately or place everything in the fridge until ready to serve. Slice bread before serving. If serving at a party you can pre-spread and make each individual bruschetta or you can serve it as do it yourself.