I absolutely love salsa, but probably not as much as my husband. He could eat chips and salsa any day of the week and probably even for breakfast. He could not even be hungry and eat a whole bowl of tortilla chips and this incredible salsa.
This easy restaurant style salsa is so easy to make. There really shouldn’t be any reason to buy a store bought salsa anymore. After the first time I made this salsa, my husband requested that I have a continuous supply ready to eat in the fridge. I am thankful he enjoyed it and now it has become a staple in our home. Whenever someone wants a snack, I grab a container of this out of the refrigerator, some chips, and everyone’s happy.
When preparing this salsa, I love to use an Immersion hand blender because you can just add all the ingredients into a large bowl and blend it right in the same bowl. It definitely beats cleaning out a food processor or a regular blender. It’s something I use often and is definitely one of my favorite kitchen gadgets.
There are so many thing you could do with salsa. I love to have it on taco night, or you can add it into a queso dip. I’ve added it to chili or I even make a crockpot chicken and salsa recipe that is awesome! If you have a favorite use for salsa besides your basic uses, please share! Let me know what you think when you make this and enjoy!
- Two 10oz cans of Rotel (diced tomatoes with green chiles)
- One 28oz can of whole tomatoes with juice
- ¼ cup chopped onion
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 jalapeno, seeds and membrane removed and diced
- ½ cups fresh cilantro
- ¼ tsp ground cumin
- ¼ tsp kosher salt
- ¼ tsp sugar
- ¼ cup freshly squeezed lime juice (1-2 limes)
- Combine all ingredients in a blender, food processor or hand blender (immersion blender)
- Pulse all ingredients together until the consistency you desire
- This makes a large batch of salsa
- Serve with tortilla chips and enjoy!