When the colder weather starts to roll in, there’s no better time to eat lots of pumpkin recipes!
Fall is officially here, and as much as I love the changing of the seasons, I hate that winter is coming! The only thing that gets me through that sad feeling is knowing that with fall comes lots of pumpkin and fall type flavors! Just like this incredibly easy pumpkin crumb cake!
I have grown to really love a good piece of pumpkin pie. When I was younger, not so much, but with age, I guess taste buds change, and I now love pumpkin. This recipe is so much better than a piece of pumpkin pie, but it’s very similar, in my opinion. The filling is still a soft consistency like a pumpkin pie, and the cake crumble top gives it so much flavor!
Serving this warm will definitely have a softer texture and would go great with some vanilla ice cream 😉 If you wait until they cool, or even put them in the fridge, you will get a firmer piece when you cut them up. I prefer it served warm, but it’s just my preference, and either way is fine!
Thanksgiving is right around the corner, and this would be a great addition to the table. I’m sure your friends and family will fall in love with this cake as much as I have. Enjoy!
- 1-30oz can pumpkin pie mix
- 1-5oz can evaporated milk
- 2 large eggs, lightly whisked
- 1 pkg. spice cake mix
- 1 stick unsalted butter, melted
- ½ cups chopped pecans or walnuts
- whipped cream (optional)
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees
- Grease a 13x9 baking pan
- Combine pumpkin pie mix, evaporated milk and eggs in a large bowl
- Pour into prepared baking pan
- Combine cake mix, melt butter and pecans or walnuts in a large bowl and mix together until crumbly
- Sprinkle evenly over pumpkin filling in pan
- Bake for 50-55 minutes until the top is a golden brown, keep a close eye on it because baking times do vary
- Let cool then cut into pieces and serve with whipped cream (optional)