Can’t go wrong with a nice steaming cup of hot chocolate on a cold winter day. I know my kiddos always come in from playing in the snow/cold and start begging for some. Of course where I live here in the Chicagoland area, we have had only one significant snow fall so far this year, and Christmas is next week! But there’s nothing wrong with making some of this incredibly easy homemade hot chocolate to keep you warm, snow or not.
There is no reason to buy expensive hot chocolate mix anymore. Seriously! Don’t do it! This is so easy to whisk together, and the amount you make in this recipe will make quit a few cups of this deliciousness for you and the family and even some friends. I suggest using a nice quality cocoa because the flavor will be so much better.
I even like to put some in mason jars, or you could even put them in cute little cellophane bags and wrap them up with a little card with the directions and give them out as gifts. Who wouldn’t love to have a little gourmet bag of hot chocolate given to them? I know I would love it!
Make a mug of this and snuggle up on the couch with a loved one. Enjoy!
- 2 cups granulated sugar
- 1¼ cups cocoa powder
- 1½ tsp table salt
- whole milk for serving
- Put first three ingredients through a sieve so there are no lumps
- Mix ingredients well to combine
- Warm 1 cup of whole milk in the microwave or stovetop then mix in 2 to 3 Tbsp of hot chocolate until well combined
- Garnish with whipped cream or marshmallows
- Seal remaining mix in an airtight container and enjoy whenever you need to make more!