I absolutely love to use my crockpot! I mean, come on, you get to throw all the ingredients in and leave it to do all the hard work! When it’s time for dinner, you have your meal waiting for you to gobble right up. On a day that I know will be hectic in the evening, I usually plan to make a crockpot meal that I can put together in the morning. This chicken noodle soup is so easy and savory; it’s perfect for a cold day, busy day, or even a sick day.
Speaking of sick days, we have all been there before, when we start to feel a little under the weather and get a sore throat. For some reason, chicken noodle soup seems to be what most people want to have during that time. Chicken noodle soup soothes the soul, and sore throats, and it just makes you feel just little bit better. At least it has that effect on me. That’s why I love this soup so much!
When I make this recipe, I enjoy making bread or biscuits to go on the side. The combination of the two go together really well. Try this recipe out, and let me know your thoughts!
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 12 cups chicken broth
- 3 Tbsp olive oil
- 2 cups carrots, sliced
- 2 cups celery, sliced
- 1 cup yellow onion
- 1 bay leaf
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 Tbsp fresh thyme, or dried
- 1 Tsp fresh rosemary, minced, or use dried
- ½ tsp salt
- ¼ tsp fresh ground pepper
- 3 cups broad egg noodles
- 2 Tbsp fresh parsley, chopped
- In large crockpot add all ingredients except egg noodles and parsley
- Cook on low for 6-8 hours or high for at least 4 (with lid on)
- When cooking time is up remove the chicken breast and either dice into cubes or shred into chunks with two forks
- Put chicken back into the crockpot
- Add noodles and cover cook for another 15 minutes until noodles are tender
- Add parsley and stir
- Serve and Enjoy!