Crispy Baked Sweet Potato Fries have soft centers and crispy edges. They are baked not fried- you wont feel guilty when eating these!
French fries, sweet potato fries, baked or fried potatoes: I have a weak spot for them. I have a hard time not stuffing my face when I order fries at a restaurant. I am so happy that I have perfected making them at home, and they are not fried!! This is a major bonus for me and means that I can stuff my face as much as I want. Right???
I feel like sweet potato fries are starting to become a trendy thing at most restaurants. It is very typical when we go out to eat, and especially if we are in a group, for Jason to nudge me to tell me they have sweet potato fries. He might love them more than me, but they really are a nice addition to dining out.
Serve these fries with sandwiches, burgers, grilled chicken, or even on their own. If you give these a try, be sure to take a picture and tag it with #twosisterskitchens on Instagram so we can see!
I love these so much, I might just need to buy one of these gadgets to make making them even easier.
- 4 Sweet Potatoes, Peeled And Cut Into thin sticks, or wedges
- ¼ cup cornstarch
- ¼ cup olive oil
- ¼ teaspoon Black Pepper
- ¾ teaspoon salt
- Optional Seasonings
- ½ teaspoons garlic powder
- ½ teaspoon Chili Powder
- pinch of cayenne
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees and line a large baking sheet with parchment paper. You may need an additional sheet, since you do not want the sweet potatoes overcrowded. Set aside.
- Place the cut up sweet potatoes into a ziplock bag,add cornstarch, close bag and shake until well combined. If there is too much extra cornstarch shake it off in a strainer.
- Place potatoes in a medium/large bowl add the olive oil, salt and ground pepper. Add the chili powder, cayenne, and garlic powdered.
- Place potatoes back into the bowl and add the olive oil, garlic, seasoned salt, chili powder, and black pepper.
- place the sweet potatoes onto the baking sheet. Try not to crowd them or else they won’t bake. Bake for 10-15 minutes, and remove from oven and flip. Place back into the oven for 15 more minutes. Make sure to rotate the pan to avoid uneven browning. The edges will get a little bit burnt thats ok. The fries are done when the surface turns to a more matte color.
- Enjoy immediately, and sprinkle with more salt if desired.