Here is another extremely quick and easy dinner that is on the table in less than 30 minutes. There’s no need to order out when you can make something fresh, simple, and tasty right at home that the whole family will love!
I want to prove our readers with recipes that can be made quickly and taste scrumptious. Yes, we do have recipes that may take a bit more time and TLC in the kitchen, but those are the meals you make when you have the time and patience when the kids or work aren’t trying to get all your attention. That’s why I love to make 30 minute meals because making a meal for your family after a busy day really is attainable! The key is to plan ahead, get to the grocery store over the weekend, and plan out your meals. Otherwise you will be heading to get fast food or eating out all week. That doesn’t mean the end of the world, but wouldn’t it be nice to not have to eat out all the time and just sit with the family around the table and enjoy a home cooked meal.
All that being said, this recipe is awesome! Kids loved it and the hubby loved it even more. This type of meal is right up his alley, so when he says he really likes something, I pat myself on the back because he is not that husband that tells his wife everything tastes great while he chokes something down. He is brutally honest, which is great, but not always lol. He had a second helping, which also confirmed he was telling the truth 😉
I hope you find this recipe as easy as I did, and that your family and friends are satisfied with it as well. Until next time!
- 1 20oz package of cheese tortellini (refrigerated kind)
- 2 Tbsp butter
- 3 Tbsp all purpose flour
- ⅓ cup shallots, finely sliced
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- ¼ tsp red pepper flakes (optional)
- 1 cup heavy cream
- 1 cup milk (don't use skim)
- 1 14.5 oz can petite diced tomatoes (undrained)
- 2 cups fresh spinach, roughly chopped
- 3 Tbsp fresh basil, chopped
- 2 tsp dried oregano
- ⅓ cup grated parmesan
- 1 tsp salt
- pepper to taste
- Cook tortellini according to package directions
- Meanwhile in large skillet melt butter
- Add shallots garlic and red pepper flakes cooking about 2 minutes until fragrant
- Add flour stirring consistently to combine
- Slowly pour heavy cream and milk stirring quickly to incorporate
- Let simmer on medium continuing to stir until thickened about 5 minutes
- Add diced tomatoes, spinach, basil, oregano and parmesan cheese stirring to combine
- Add salt and pepper
- Pour prepared tortellini into sauce and toss to coat
- Serve and Enjoy!!