I love this light and easy clean eating sweet and sour chicken. It is so much better for you than your traditional sweet and sour chicken you get at your local Chinese food restaurant. In other words, after you devour this delicious dish you won’t feel quit as guilty.
I’ve been making this recipe for a couple years now, and I think it is amazing. The recipe states to marinate the chicken for at least 30 minutes prior to cooking, but I usually try to marinate it for at least a few hours to make sure the flavor gets absorbed even more into the chicken.
Now in the ingredients, I mention the use of Bragg Liquid Aminos in replacing your soy sauce. This soy sauce alternative tastes just like soy sauce and is much cleaner, non-GMO, and much better for you. You should be able to find it at your local market or here on Amazon
Try this easy and tasty recipe out and share your thoughts. Enjoy!
- ⅓ cup Soy Sauce, or Braggs liquid aminos
- 2 Tbsp raw honey
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 tsp fresh ginger, grated
- ¼ tsp crushed red pepper flakes (optional)
- 4 chicken breasts, chopped into once inch pieces
- 2 red bell pepper, cut into 1 inch pieces
- ¾ cup yellow onion, chopped
- Half of a fresh pineapple, cut into 1 inch pieces
- ¼ cup fresh cilantro, chopped for garnish
- Cooked brown rice for serving
- In medium bowl whisk soy sauce, honey, garlic, ginger and red pepper flakes together until combined.
- Add chicken to soy mixture and mix to coat chicken
- Cover bowl and place in refrigerator for at least 30 minutes
- Heat a large non stick skillet or wok over medium heat
- Add chicken and all of the marinade in bowl
- Saute for about 5 minutes, until chicken is cooked
- Add bell peppers and onion and cook until vegetables are slightly tender about 5 minutes
- Add pineapple and cook for a couple minutes
- Sprinkle with cilantro and serve over warm rice