These are by far the best oatmeal chocolate chip cookies that I’ve ever made! They are soft, chewy, loaded with chocolate chunks, oatmeal, and are a family favorite, too.
Your Monday is about to get just a little bit better. We are running a $300 Amazon Giveaway with 14 other amazing food bloggers, which starts today, and I am sharing this recipe for my favorite chocolate chip oatmeal cookies. If you want to learn more about the giveaway, read on and then scroll to the bottom of the post.
I am seriously in love with these cookies: a cookie could not get any more perfect than these. I might even like them more than my husband’s chocolate chip cookies. I don’t know if it’s the oatmeal or the overwhelming amount of chocolate, but they have the perfect texture to them. The batter comes together really fast, but you do have to refrigerate the batter for at least an hour. They can be refrigerated for up to 48 hours. The cookies are slightly bigger than the traditional chocolate chip, 1 tablespoon size. You should do a heaping scoop, or I weighed mine out and they were 1.5 oz each time.
Now onto the giveaway! I had mentioned that we teamed up with 14 other great food bloggers to give one of our lucky readers this Amazon gift card for $300.
A few rules are that you need to be 18 to win and a resident of US, Canada, or UK. The giveaway will launch on Monday, April 18th and go until Thursday, April 28th. You have ten days to enter, and there are multiple ways of entering. Click on the link below to start working on your chances of winning. If you are already following us on any of our social media channels, those are ‘free’ entries. Share this post with your friends and have them subscribe so they have a chance to win too!
- ½ cup unsalted butter, softened to room temperature
- 1 cup packed light or dark brown sugar
- ¼ cup granulated sugar
- 1 large egg, at room temperature
- 1½ teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1⅔ and old-fashioned whole rolled oats (not instant)
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- ½ teaspoon ground cinnamon
- ¾ teaspoon baking soda
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- 1¾ cups semi-sweet chunks or chips
- In a medium size bowl, mix together, the flour, oats, baking soda, cinnamon and salt.Set aside
- Using a hand mixer of stand mixer with a paddle attachment, cream the butter for 1 minute on medium speed. Add in the brown sugar, and granulated sugar. Mix on medium speed for 2 minutes. Add the egg and vanilla extract, mix for 1 minute or until well combined. Scrape down sides if needed.
- Add the dry ingredients into the mixing bowl and combine on low speed, until combined. Fold in the chocolate chunks. Chill the dough in the fridge for 1 hour.
- Once ready to bake preheat oven to 350 degrees. Line two baking sheets with parchment paper.Roll balls of dough 1½ tablespoon per cookie (1.5 oz per cookie) and about 2 inches apart. Bake for 10-11 minutes, the centers will still look soft. Remove from oven and let cool for 5 minutes before transferring to a cooling rack.
Adapted from Sally’s Baking Addiction and Averie Cooks.