We adore anything with bacon. It just seems to make everything better, and that is especially true with this salad.
Let me tell you about the creamy dressing. It is made with greek yogurt, olive oil and seasonings. It is simple, yet loaded with flavor, which I need when I eat a salad. I use to never like salads because of how bland they can be. This chopped BLT salad is the complete opposite of bland, so I think that’s why I love it so much.
The only thing that is missing from my photographs is avocado. The one that I bought to add to this salad went bad really fast ?. I wrote the recipe out, as if it was in there, because I promise, that avocado is the perfect addition to this salad.
- 6 slices bacon, diced
- 6-8 cups chopped romaine lettuce ( I used 3 large romaine heads)
- 1 avocado, halved, seeded, peeled and diced
- 1½ cups cherry tomatoes, halved
- 1 cup corn kernels
- ½ cup crumbled feta or goat cheese
- 2 cups greek yogurt
- ¾ teaspoon garlic powder, or more to taste
- 2 Tablespoons olive oil,or more for a thinner dressing
- ½ teaspoon salt, or to taste
- ½ teaspoon ground black pepper, or to taste
- To make the dressing: In a small bowl, or mixing cup, whisk together the greek yogurt,garlic powder, salt, pepper, and olive oil. Add more olive oil if you want a thinner dressing. Set aside
- Heat a large skillet over medium high heat. Add bacon and cook until brown and crispy, about 6-8 minutes. Transfer to a paper towel-lined plate.
- In a large bowl, combine romaine lettuce, avocado, tomatoes, corn, and bacon. Drizzle in dressing until its the amount you desire on your salad.
- To serve, divide the salad onto four plates, then top each with goat cheese or feta.
- You can even plate each salad individually with each topping and dressing. That is usually how I like to make my salads.