Oh boy, this is an amazing, mouth watering recipe. To be honest, and this sounds crazy, I woke up in the middle of the night with the idea in my head to make this. I’ve made this chili rubbed pork tenderloin before but have never paired it with this delicious pineapple salsa. It was a little weird to have an idea come to me in the middle of the night, but when it did, I absolutely had to try it out. And if I do say so myself, it was fabulous!
The kids really enjoyed it; they were maybe a tad skeptical of the pineapple salsa. They did end up eating it, but they thought it was weird because they’re not used to eating pineapple with onion, cilantro, etc. But they chowed down on the pork. So I can say it was home run in my house. Side note: hubby loved it too.
The prep of this meat is so simple and quick that you could have this baking in the oven in about 10 minutes or less. You can experiment with the spices as well. My family loves things with a little kick, but if you’re not into spicy foods, then cutting back on the chili powder would be fine, too. But honestly, the spice is not huge at all, so if you’re not sensitive to it, you will think it’s very, very mild. I paired the pork with some boiled red potatoes and asparagus. So many different sides would go well: maybe some mashed potatoes and a nice salad would be yummy too. Maybe I’ll do that next time 😉
I’m hoping I get more recipe ideas in my dreams again. Try this delicious chili rubbed pork tenderloin and let me know your thoughts. Enjoy!
- 2- 1.5 pound Pork tenderloins ( you can make only one if desired )
- ¼ cup chili powder
- 1 Tbsp garlic powder
- pepper and salt to taste
- Tbsp olive oil
- SALSA RECIPE
- ½ a pineapple chopped small
- 1 jalapeno, membrane and seeds removed chopped
- 2 Tbsp cilantro, chopped
- ¼ cup red onion, diced small
- 1 lime, juice of
- 1 tsp cumin
- salt and pepper to taste
- Preheat oven 425
- Combine chili powder, garlic powder, salt and pepper in a small bowl
- Rub olive oil over both tenderloin
- Rub the spices all over the pork on all sides massaging it with your hands
- Place in a foil lined baking dish (for easier clean up)
- Place in oven and bake for 1 hour usually about 20-25 minutes per pound
- Remove from oven and let stand about 5 minutes before slicing
- SALSA-Combine all ingredients in a bowl and mix together
- Top tenderloin with salsa and enjoy!