Chicken Pesto Meatballs are quick and easy to make! They are such a delicious alternative to traditional Italian meatballs.
Meatballs were one of the first things that I learned how to make, probably because noodle dishes are the best. If you are looking for a traditional meatball recipe, these Chicken Pesto meatballs are very similar, but they are obviously made with chicken instead of ground beef and have the amazing addition of pesto. They are perfectly soft on the inside and have the perfect mixture of spices. I am not even the biggest fan of pesto, but I swear these meatballs might change your life. You can make your own pesto, or use store bought.
I prefer to make my meatballs in the oven; I just think it is easier than on the stove. I will cook them in the oven, and once the meatballs are done baking, I will add them to my sauce and let them simmer for at least 20 minutes before serving.
We serve our Chicken Pesto Meatballs over spaghetti noodles, you could also do zucchini noodles or serve as meatball sandwiches.
- 2lbs ground chicken
- 1 egg
- 2 tablespoons water
- 1 cup Italian breadcrumbs
- ½ cup grated parmesan cheese
- ⅓ cup traditional basil pesto (jarred is fine)
- 6 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 teaspoon Italian seasoning
- ¼ teaspoon red pepper flakes
- 1½ teaspoons salt
- 1 teaspoon fresh ground pepper
- Serve with:
- Pasta Sauce (2 jars)
- spaghetti noodles or your favorite noodles
- Preheat oven to 350. Line a large baking sheet with foil and lightly grease with cooking spray. set aside
- Combine the breadcrumbs, parmesan, pesto, garlic, Italian seasoning, chili flakes, salt, and pepper in a large bowl. Then add the ground chicken, water, and egg. Mix the mixture with your hands or a wooden spoon until well combined.
- Scoop the meat mixture into 2-inch diameter balls and place on the prepared cooking sheet.
- Place in oven and bake for 20-25 minutes or until the internal temperature reaches 165 degrees. Remove from the oven and place in a saucepan with your favorite jarred sauce. Simmer for at least 20 minutes.
- Garnish with parmesan cheese, and serve over spaghetti or your favorite noodles.