Halloween brings on lots and lots of candy. We only had one trick or treater this halloween. We did leave our home for the night an hour after trick or treating started, so it left us with lots of candy. My husband was having friends over for the Sunday football games the next day, so I decided I would make candy blondies.The nice thing about these bars is that you can add whatever kind of candy that you like. I added Twix bars, Milkyways, and Snickers. On the top, I added peanut butter M&M’s. Feel free to add whatever candy that you love or have left over from Halloween, Christmas, Valentines, Easter, or whatever holiday that might of just passed. If you are not making these when a candy filled holiday has passed, you could make them with just one kind of candy and they would be just as delicious.
Follow us on instagram and tag #twosisterskitchens so we can see all the recipes you make.
- 1 cup unbleached all-purpose flour
- ½ teaspoon baking powder
- ¼ teaspoon baking soda
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- 1 cup packed light brown sugar
- 5 Tablespoons unsalted butter, melted
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1 large egg (room temperature)
- 1 and ½ heaping cups assorted candy bars, chopped into bite size pieces (Twix, Milkway,and Snickers)
- ½ cup Peanut butter M&Ms chopped ( or use M&M's, Reeses pieces, or chocolate chips)
- Preheat oven to 350F degrees. Line an 8-inch baking pan, spray generously with nonstick spray(I use coconut oil spray) Or line with foil with overhang to release pull them out of the pan.
- In a medium bowl mix together flour, baking powder, baking soda, and salt. Set aside.
- In a separate bowl, whisk the melted butter, brown sugar, and vanilla together until well combined. Add egg and mix well.
- Add the wet ingredients to the dry and stir until just combined. Mixture will be thick. Fold in the chopped candy bars. Spread evenly into prepared baking pan( I use my fingers). Top with remaining Peanut Butter M&M's or other candy of choice.
- Bake for 23 to 25 minutes until golden brown and cooked through. Allow to cool completely before slicing the bars. Store at room temperature for up to three days in an air tight container.