This broccoli pasta salad is fast and for sure a crowd pleaser. Noodles, bacon, broccoli, grapes, pecans, and red onion are what make this pasta salad.
Let me first get to this pasta salad. It is a great one to make for a potluck, small gathering or bbq. I know we are out of the bbq season where I live, but this pasta can be enjoyed year round. It is best to make the salad the day before so that all the flavors can soak up. I know the contents all might sound strange, but for some reason, they all work perfectly together. It might be the saltiness of the bacon and the sweetness of the pecans and grapes that make this mixture great.
Okay, enough about the salad and more onto where I have been. It has been almost 4 months since my last post… I love sharing recipes with you guys, but I really got distracted for a while. I had a baby boy on June 30th! We named him Logan Xavier. He is just the sweetest little boy. I really hope to post more about motherhood, my birth story, breastfeeding, and when we get to the baby food stage, how to make your own. Let me know if there are any other posts you would love for me to do.
Here he is. Isn’t he just adorable?!?!? He is 3 months old in just a few days! I can’t believe how much time has passed already.
- 1 cup chopped pecans 1
- ¾ (16-oz.) package farfalle (bow-tie) pasta
- 1 head fresh broccoli
- 2 cups seedless red grapes, halved
- 8 cooked bacon slices, crumbled
- 1 cup mayonnaise
- ¼ cup sugar
- ⅓ cup red wine vinegar
- ⅓ cup diced red onion
- 1 teaspoon salt
- Prepare pasta according to package directions.
- In a large bowl add the bacon, broccoli, grapes, pecans, and cooked pasta.
- In a small bowl whisk together the dressing. Pour the dressing over all the ingredients in the large bowl. Stir well, cover and refrigerate for minimum 3 hours.
Recipe adapted from myrecipes.com
For more cold pasta salad recipes, try these: