This really is the best slow cooker hot chocolate and it is super simple. You can make it a peppermint hot chocolate, or add dark chocolate for a richer chocolate flavor.
A few weeks ago I made this hot chocolate for the book club that I am. I made it with peppermint extract as peppermint mochas were a big part of the book. I decided to make peppermint hot chocolate instead, it still goes with the theme of the book, but wouldn’t give anyone an evening caffeine high. Also, speaking of the book club I am in you can read my how to have a successful book club here.
I originally found this recipe from The Cookie Rookie. I really didn’t change much from her original recipe. The only difference is that I mainly used whole milk, and half of the heavy cream that the original recipe calls for.
I do suggest using good quality chocolate chips, like Ghiradelli or Guittard. If you want to make this a peppermint hot chocolate add 1 teaspoon peppermint extract. This is the perfect Christmas eve or Christmas day drink. It seriously requires no work and everyone will love it.
- 1 cup heavy cream Coupons
- 6 cups whole milk
- 1 14oz can condensed milk
- 2 cups milk chocolate chips (good quality)
- mini candy canes
- Add all of the heavy cream, milk, condensed milk, and chocolate chips to the slow cooker. Let cook on low for 2 hours or until everything is fully melted. I tried to stir mine about every 30 minutes. Once everything is melted I turn my slow cooker to keep warm and serve! Top with marshmallows or candy cane bites.
- If you have some hot chocolate left over you can store them in the fridge for up to 3 days and reheat on the stove!