BBQ Chicken Salad- is the perfect summer time salad that everyone is sure to love. A creamy ranch BBQ dressing pulls this salad together.
I love loaded salads like this avocado BLT salad, or this chicken taco salad. There is just something so amazing about a loaded salad. They are great combinations of all the different flavor elements and textures. It just makes for the perfect meal, and they are anything but boring.
This BBQ chicken salad has corn, tomatoes, red onion, avocado, and, of course, BBQ chicken. There is also a BBQ ranch dressing that is perfect on this bbq chicken salad. The great thing about this meal is you can use left over BBQ chicken from a previous night’s meal and cut your preparation time in half. Planning meals at the beginning of the week always saves me some time in the long run, especially if my recipes build off each other. We are planning on having my dad over for Father’s Day, and I will be making BBQ chicken, so this salad will for sure be on the menu again next week!
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1½ lbs boneless chicken breasts, cut in bite-size pieces
- Kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper, to taste
- 3 tablespoons BBQ Sauce (your favorite kind)
- 8-10 cups chopped romaine lettuce (2 bags of lettuce)
- 1½ cups cherry tomatoes, cut in half
- 1½ cups corn kernels, frozen or canned
- ⅔ cup diced red onion
- 2 Avocados, Sliced
- Broken up Tortilla chips for garnish (not pictured)
- BBQ Ranch Dressing:
- ¼ cup mayonnaise
- ½ cup ranch dressing
- ½ cup BBQ sauce (use your favorite)
- Juice from half of a lemon
- ½ tsp black pepper
- 1 tsp salt
- Heat olive oil in a medium skillet over heat. Add in the chicken and sprinkle with salt and pepper. Stir the chicken occasionally until cooked through about 4-5 minutes. Turn off the heat and stir in 3 tablespoons of bbq sauce. Allow to cook while you assemble the salad.
- In a medium sized bowl, whisk together the mayonnaise, ranch dressing, bbq sauce, lemon juice, and pepper. Set aside.
- You can assemble the salad into 4 individual bowls or in one large bowl. Place romaine lettuce, in the bowl, top with chicken, tomatoes, corn, avocado and onions. Then pour dressing over the salad and toss until combined. We love adding broken tortilla chips to our salad!